Skip to content
Jacket Sweet Potatoes
- 6 large orange sweet potatoes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful of almonds
- Spring onion or Chives
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin/
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Chicken spice
- 100 ml fresh cream
- Cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180⁰C
- Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Wash 4 to 6 large sweet potatoes thoroughly.
- Bake sweet potatoes in microwave until soft for approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and cut in half (length wise).
- Scoop out the flesh and place in a large mixing bowling.
- Keep the skins intact and place in an oven tray
- Set the tray aside for now.
- Dice the chicken breast.
- In a pan, add a tablespoon of olive oil and allow to heat.
- Once heated add all the spices and allow to cook.
- Once chicken is cooked you can add the flesh from the sweet potatoe that you scooped out.
- Add 100ml fresh cream to the mixture and stir well.
- After the cream has been absorbed, remove from the heat.
- Fine chop approximately 15cm of celery and add to the filling mixture.
- Roughly chop a handful of almonds and add to the mixture
- Scoop the mixture into the potatoe skins that are in the oven tray
- OPTIONAL – Grate cheese over each sweet potatoe half.
- Place the tray in the oven and allow to cook.
- Remove after 10 minutes and serve.