Chicken, Almond and Cranberry Casserole
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup cassava or almond flour
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 6 chicken thighs or breasts, bone in, skin remove
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cream or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 180 ̊C.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Season flour with chia seeds, salt and pepper then dredge chicken in seasoned flour and brown chicken on both sides.
- Place chicken in a baking dish.
- Turn heat to medium and heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add onion sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add cream or coconut milk, and rosemary, plus salt to taste.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Pour over the chicken. Cover with foil and bake for 30 – 45 minutes, until cooked through.